Saturday, May 18, 2013

Double The Joy

Dan and I knew that the babies would bring joy to people. They are made in the image of God. Throughout the pregnancy I felt the urge to speak joy and peace over the babies and we had a few words that made this clear.
But even so, it is astounding to me how much joy they bring to so many.
When they were three weeks old we decided to get out of the house and go on a crazy adventure... so we walked around the block. We left the apartment thinking this would be a ten minute outing, at most, but in April in Iowa if it is above 50 degrees and the sun is out, the people are too. It took us nearly 45 minutes to walk around our block after being stopped by neighbors.
"Are those twins?" 
"Let me see those babies!" 
"A boy and a girl!" 
"How are mom and dad?" 
"My cousin had twins!"
"My cousin's boss's cousin had twins!"
"I always wanted twins!"
People came out of the woodwork. Neighbors I had never seen before stopped us. Neighbors I had seen before but who I had never spent a moment with talked with us. It is beautiful to see how the babies foster community, bring about new acquaintances, bring smiles to their faces... I am looking forward to seeing what it will be like to make new friends with the babies when we move.
These little kiddos turn heads. I believe they will also turn hearts.
Image

No comments:

Post a Comment