Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sleep Well

I can hear my dear sister-in-law, Auntie KiKi, boast about her new niece and nephew from the room next to me. I hear her friends "ooo" and "ahhh" over the precious lives and soft, blush skin sleeping before them. The babies just finished hanging with Grandpa and Grandma. I just hugged my mother-in-law goodnight. My husband told me he loves me and gave me a kiss. I read a funny text from my big brother.
Sometimes it is easy to feel like the long nights of 12am, 3am, 6am feedings will never end. Sometimes I can't imagine a day when the babies will be able to hold their own heads up, let alone walk & talk. I want to be sure to soak up every moment, to never take these treasured times for granted. I am blessed beyond measure and I want to fully live in the awareness of that.
I remember a line from the series finale of The Office when Andy says, "I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them." I think there is. And I think it's as simple as giving thanks to God daily and recognizing His hand on every spoken word, every poopy diaper, every smile, glance, kiss, giggle, and song.
I go to sleep full of love and joy.
"I want to slow down and taste life, give thanks, and see God... I want to savor long whatever time holds" 
-One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp
20130522-041754.jpg
20130528-204633.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment