Monday, April 13, 2015

From Tropics to Tundra and Where Do We Go From Here

Between making big decisions, packing up our home, taking care of twin two year olds, saying goodbye to good friends, moving overseas, and settling into life in a new-ish city... I haven't had much desire to blog, as I'm sure you can understand! You, being any human on earth who can read what I just wrote. Yes, life has been full of life for the Adertons.

The decision to move home was one of much discussion, thought, and prayer. We love Brunei. The friends we made changed us for the better and we carry them in our hearts forever. We thought we would be in Brunei longer than a year and a half, but things don't always pan out the way you think they might and ABC'S The Bachelor doesn't always chose who you thought he would (C'mon Chris!). But just as Netflix brings new, good, and surprising shows like the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, God brings new, good, and surprising things.

Physically, the transition from tropics to frozen tundra was rough. Our first week and a half consisted of trying to adjust the worst jet lag we've ever had. Not only did I get a spat of food poisoning in Hong Kong, but we've had an array of stomach flu, sinus infection, and fever. Despite these things, we've just. been. good. 

We are happy to be back in the midwest, snow and all. We've spent some time with family and are beginning to catch up with friends around the region. Dan is getting set with school and work while the twins and I are figuring out our new normal.

For me, personally, I am enjoying being creative in ways that have been on the back burner for the last few years. There is so much in me that is waking up after a "twin marathon" hiatus and I'm excited to tap into those things and see where they lead. This means I've decided to officially put this blog on the back burner while some of those other ideas are boiling. No more thinking, "I haven't written a blog post in a while," so instead my mind can stew on something new. I'm fairly sure I will come back again, but for now, I'm going to turn down the heat and let it simmer quietly in the back.

I've so loved sharing what we've been doing with our friends and family and I greatly appreciate everyone's encouragement, support, and love. If you want to see what we're doing, the best way to do that, for now, is to follow my private Instagram account. Username: @aderanna  Otherwise, keep your notifications on and you may see a new blog post someday. Or not! Who knows! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment